The more details are revealed about Scenic Eclipse – billed as “the world’s first discovery yacht” – the more it looks like being something very special indeed.
Details of the 228-passenger vessel’s restaurants were announced today, and it’s clear they go way beyond what could be expected of a ship many times the size.
If 24-hour room service is included, there are a total of 10 dining experiences available, promising a “truly multi-cultural culinary adventure.”
From contemporary French fine dining and Champagne bar Lumière, to fillet steak cooked to perfection in the elegant Elements main restaurant, or a casual meal in the Azure Bar and Café, there will always be something to tempt, delight and satisfy.
Specialty dining venues will highlight regional cuisine throughout the cruise. Intimate locations abound on Scenic Eclipse affording a choice of privacy at no additional cost, from the Chef’s Table offering a private degustation experience for eight diners to an open Teppanyaki grill private dining experience for just 10 guests.
There will be professional cookery demonstrations at Epicure, a dedicated cooking emporium.
Dawn Quinn, Acting National Sales Manager for the brand, said “Scenic Eclipse offers a culinary experience like no other and is the epitome of 6-star luxury.
“Guests will get to experience the very best in cruising whilst on board the World’s First Discovery Yacht; designed with a state-of-the-art theatre, 550 square metre spa retreat and a wonderful selection of dining options.”
The 10 dining experiences are
* Elements – The main restaurant featuring Italian, steak & seafood
* Chef’s Table – An exclusive invitation to degustation dining
* Koko’s – Asian Fusion restaurant and Sake bar
* Sushi @ Koko’s – A wonderfully authentic Japanese experience
* Teppanyaki @ Koko’s – Private dining with an open Teppanyaki grill
* Lumière – Contemporary French fine dining and Champagne bar
* Azure Bar & Café – Relaxed all-day grazing
* Epicure – Learn from the best in our dedicated cooking emporium
* Yacht Club – Poolside grill, buffet and bar
* In-Suite Dining – A 24-hour comprehensive menu, brought to the cabin.
Scenic Eclipse, which will be launched in August 2018, has 114 all-balcony suites. The ship carries two helicopters and a seven-person submarine, plus a 5,000-square foot spa and a gymnasium complete with a studio for yoga and Pilates classes.