Stars from the world of sport, politics, entertainment and royalty are in a dazzling line-up of guest speakers booked to make guest appearances on a Princess Cruises ship sailing from Southampton this spring and summer.
They will be travelling as part of the Encounters with Discovery speaker series on board the 3,114-passenger Crown Princess, which will be cruising from the UK to the Mediterranean and northern Europe between April and November.
The full line-up is:
- Katie Nicholl (Royal correspondent and commentator), on a 14-night Mediterranean cruise, departs April 22
- Beverley Callard (actress, Liz McDonald in Coronation Street), on a 7-night Spain & France cruise, departs May 6
- Harry Redknapp (former footballer and manager), on two 14-night Mediterranean cruises, departing April 22 and May 13
- Graham Gooch OBE (former England cricket captain), on a 7-night Scandinavia cruise, departs May 27
- Peter Shilton OBE (former England goalkeeper and football manager), on a 14-night North Cape and Norwegian Fjords cruise, departs June 17
- John Virgo (former snooker player, current snooker commentator), on a 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise, departs July 1
- Terry Butcher (former England captain and football manager), on a 14-night Baltic cruise, departs July 8
- Paul Burrell RVM (butler to Diana, Princess of Wales, contestant on I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here), on a 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise, departs July 22
- Mike Gatting OBE (former England cricket captain), on a 14-night Mediterranean cruise, departs July 29
- Sherrie Hewson (actor, presenter, broadcaster and novelist), on a 14-night North Cape and Norwegian Fjords cruise, departs August 12
- Edwina Currie (former MP. novelist and broadcaster), on a 7-night Scandinavia cruise, departs August 26
Each speaker will host a 45-minute talk with questions and answers, as well as a meet and greet session including photographs and book signings. Additionally some speakers will be judges on ‘The Voice of the Ocean’, an onboard singing competition for guests, which is based on ITV’s ‘The Voice’.
Tony Roberts, Princess Cruises’ vice president UK and Europe, said: “We’re thrilled to announce such a prominent group of speakers, who will further enhance the onboard activities and events for our guests on Crown Princess. To be able to bring such well-known figures onboard is a real privilege.”